Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Our Jobs are Done – Now It’s Time For Fun: Binh Chau



All of the volunteers left for Binh Chau first thing in the morning and we checked into an Eco Resort & Spa! It was a wonderful resort, but it would have taken several days to try it all out! Some people got massages ($4/half hour), but Brianna and I along with 8 others went for the mud bath! Brianna is in the front of the photo, and I'm somewhere in the back - I don't know which one! It is supposed to take care of just about any ailment you may have, so I figure she has no reason to complain!!! The pools were all hot pools which was really amazing since it was the last thing we wanted considering that the sun and the humidity are so intense and the temps are still in the 90’s. After being in the water for a few minutes it did fell okay, and when we got out we actually had goosebumps.
We completed the evening with a large dinner and then auctioned off the artwork that the students had made. I don’t know the exact total, but over $6000 was raised for the Catalyst Foundation. It will allow for more scholarships so boys will start attending school as well since it was recently learned that many boys are also being trafficked out of the country.
Then early this morning our group started to split up. One bus left at 5:00 a.m. since some people were flying out of Viet Nam later in the morning. We got to sleep in since we weren’t checking out until 9:00 a.m. That was another luxury since we were usually on the go beginning between 6:00 and 7:00 a.m. each day throughout the trip.
Now we are back in Saigon for one day and the real vacation begins in the morning. We’ll check out of the hotel at about 4:30 a.m. (eeew) and then fly to Ha Noi. Brianna and I have never been to the north, and we will be taking a junkboat out on Ha Long Bay along with 2 other families. After the Ha Long Bay tour we will head back to Ha Noi with our friends David, Dorothy, Liam & Maia for a few more days of R&R!

No comments: